We commit ourselves to being a family friendly organization, striving to involve adults and children from a very young age. Below outlines some of our age appropriate volunteer opportunities.
- Organizing and running an approved resource drive (diapers, hats/gloves, athletic equipment, etc.)
- Managing donated resources (Collecting, organizing, sorting, and/or delivering resources)
- Monday night Trader Joe’s produce pick-up and delivery
- Onsite educational program support (Health for Hope OR Fitness for a Future)
- Onsite data collection
- Organizing fundraising efforts
- Grant writing (professional experience preferred)
- Program development (experience in education, health/wellness/fitness preferred)
Whereas we do want and encourage family involvement, not all volunteer opportunities are appropriate for children. Please consult the chart below to see how all of our volunteers can help!
|Age 5-12||Age 13-17||Age 18 +|
|(all of the first column, plus below)||(all of the first two columns, plus below)|
|Organize, & run a resource drive||Attend shelter sessions to assist instructors||Trader Joe’s produce delivery|
|Help sort, organize, deliver resources to shelters||Attend shelter sessions to work 1:1 as a ‘buddy’ with a student||Onsite program support at the shelter
(assist the lead instructor, data collection, etc)
|Assist with produce delivery||Organize fundraising efforts||Program Development|
|Assist with educational program preparation (cutting, folding, etc)||Grant Writing|
We also urge anyone looking to help out to take advantage of the generosity that exists in your community. Whether it means getting in touch with a local business or simply sharing with your close group of friends, we invite you to share our website with your audience on social media, and tell them how you hope to help with the Empower4Life mission!